Shop Small, Support Local
Ever since I took a dive into the deep end of freelance life a few years ago, work has been fulfilling in more ways than just a paycheck. (But that's not to romanticize freelance life; we all need ends to eat!) I'm very grateful to be able to work for passionate, genuine, hustlin' ass people - all of whom are new small business owners of color right here in Seattle. They all do great work not only for their businesses, but also for their communities and especially their families. If you can, I encourage you to shop small and support local.
When you buy small/local, you're not helping a wealthy CEO buy another vacation home. Instead, you are helping a family hustle for their livelihood.
At any rate, do your homework - always be conscious of your consumption and who/what you are buying from. With that said, I genuinely admire my clients and am glad to say that others have taken notice too:
- SALTED SEA: "Why Columbia City Needs Salted Sea"
- REFRESH: "Refresh Frozen Desserts and Espresso to launch partnership party with Kalsada"
- HOOD FAMOUS BAKESHOP: "Ube Cheesecake: Talking about the hidden history in delicious food"
- FOOD & SHIT: "Inside Rapper Prometheus Brown's Food and Sh*t Pop-Up"
- HUE KY MI GIA: "First bite: Hue Ky Mi Gia, a Tacoma Chinese noodle restaurant"